Sunday, September 2, 2012

Jane by Design, FNO and SAFABB

I think a lot of people forget to answer this question: Why fashion?

Why do I love fashion? I'll just be brutally honest and admit that my answer is not particularly deep. I owe my love of fashion to a quirky, however unfortunately non-existent, high school girl named Jane Quimby. Yes, you heard me correctly, Jane Quimby of Jane by Design.

It happened some time this summer late one night after searching hopelessly to find a new hulu television series to watch (because my favorite Korean drama had JUST ended). And there it appeared: Jane by Design. The plot summary seemed minutely interesting so I decided to give it a try. Holy MACA-HOLY-RONI. Minutely interesting? Seriously, Jullianna? Jane by Design was my new inspiration, my stumbled upon muse. This is where my love of fashion began.

Let me clear a few things up. I had always liked fashion. I liked dressing up, buying pretty clothes, cute shoes and quirky jewelry. Jane Quimby, however, took me by the hand and plunged me headfirst into a whirlwind of the heart of fashion. It was long nights of watching how she triumphed the evil India and always came out victorious in the end in the most brilliant tulle skirts and leather jackets that I felt myself loving everything fashion more and more.

Shortly after, I found myself interviewing and landing a job with fashion jewelry company Chloe + Isabel out of New York (you can visit my online boutique here: http://julliannafarias.chloeandisabel.com/). What? Where did that come from? Yes, I decided to Google fashion-related jobs one late night after an end-nearing episode and found just what I was looking for! I love my job and everything about it. It constantly allows me now to style myself on a whole new level. Plus, I get to help YOU style yourself, too! What could be better? Maybe creme brulee, but that's okay. 

Anyhow, this is me now. I'm the same person, just with a bigger, better wardrobe and a better sense of myself and my stylistic forms of expression. I'm also part of the San Antonio Fashion and Beauty Bloggers Group. It's a really cool group of ladies and I'll be updating you guys here on all of our events. This Thursday, by the way, is Fashion's Night Out at La Cantera in San Antonio! I'll be working the red carpet and snagging photos and interviews with attendees donning the hottest styles I see. I'll also be live blogging and sharing what I find here on my blog. My best friend Michelle will also be there and she'll be doing the same. I can't wait to see what all of our attendees are wearing! Will you be one of them? ;) I hope so! I'd love to see you there!

Some time before then I'll post a few photos of what I'll be wearing. And, of course, I'll be rocking some c+i fabulousness! So stay tuned :)

If you have any questions at all about my style, SAFABB, Chloe + Isabel, my boutique, my jewelry, clothing or just life in general, please feel free to message or comment. If you're reading this, and even if you're not, I'd love to get to know you and talk about whatever! And if you're a fashionista and would like for me to feature your blog or content, just e-mail me and I'll see what we can make happen!

I'll be working in the mean time on transferring all of my stuff from tumblr on to here. So sit tight and stay beautiful!

xo, jullianna

No comments:

Post a Comment