Tuesday, September 11, 2012

But I do love you

So this is what love is, huh? 

It's not that I never knew it or even that I never admitted it. But right now, at this very moment, I feel the most loved I have ever felt. I have felt the the incredible, unwavering love that my family has for me in times of despair; I have felt the sisterly love that my friends and I share walking freely across the campus parking lot laughing at the most embarrassing parts of our day; I have felt the simplest love for people in this world I will never fully know; I have felt the perfect, purest, most precious love that God has for me before I fall asleep at night. But never have I felt all these forms of love all at once. Today I am blessed enough to experience a wealth of love that I pray all of you feel every day of your lives. 

And if you still can't feel it, then please know that I love you. I really do. 
I love you even though you feel insecure, I love you even though you aren't sure what your purpose is, I love you even though you feel like you have enough love in your life, I love you even though you fail, I love you even though you have hurt others, I love you even though you lie, I love you even though you are a hypocrite, I love you even though you do not know God. 

I love you even though you don't love yourself and I love you even though you don't love me. 

But I do love you. Yes, I mean you. Each and every one of you. 

You are not alone. 

Stay blessed, brothas and sistas. 

xo, jullianna

No comments:

Post a Comment